Tuesday, November 24, 2009

5 July 2009


Here I sit at the Calgary airport, drowsy and at the same time relieved. It has been an eventful trip and the drowsiness in large part is due to the lack of stress I suddenly feel - no place to go, nothing to see, just waiting to board an airplane.

We drove 8733 kilometers or 5240 miles in four weeks and then participated in the Calgary Stampede for almost three full days. Everywhere we went there was always something to do or to see. I like to drive, but four weeks of driving, sometimes as much as 10 or 12 hours at a time, does wear you out. I was very glad that in Calgary I had booked a hotel downtown within walking distance to most of the sights and that we didn't have to worry about parking and driving while in Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment